Can conflicts be de-escalated?
The answer is yes. It is challenging but not impossible.
There are three main phases in managing conflict: conflict de-escalation, conflict intervention, and conflict recovery. In this course, we will focus on conflict de-escalation.
We do this by setting the climate of shared vision, shared values, trust, relationship, learning and recovery. When the environment is conducive, conflicts will be much easier to manage and resolve.
At the end of this course, you will become a better conflict manager by:
- Getting people to embrace a shared vision
- Becoming a role-model to practice the values you espouse
- Building a climate of trust
- Learning how to nurture relationships
- Learning how to recover from conflicts
- Developing skills to ensure that conflicts stay at problem-solving levels despite the differences in perceptions
- Knowing when to get help when conflicts become irresolvable and intractable
- Creating Right Climate – Shared Vision
- Climate Of Shared Values
- Climate of Mutual Trust
- Climate Of Valued Relationships
- Learning, Unlearning And Relearning
- Heightened Emotional Intelligence
- Red Flags Of Conflict
- Levels of Conflict
- Problems To Solve
- Intractable Situations
- Moving from Gridlock to Dialogue
Dr John Ng
Dr Ng is Chief Passionary Officer, Meta Consulting, specializing in leadership development and hospitality consultancy. His expertise includes leadership coaching, team effectiveness and change management. He has over 25 years of consultancy and training experience with top corporations, academic institutions and NPOs. He also founded Eagles Mediation & Counseling Centre.