Today, leaders must be strategic especially in this V.U.C.A. (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) World.
Strategy is essentially made up of the leadership’s view, assessments, and choices. In a VUCA environment, leaders’ choices are crucial. They have to think ahead to ensure the survival and sustainability of the organization. What choices should leaders make now to prepare for future challenges?
How then can you develop the capability to think ahead and plan strategically to prepare your organization for future challenges? This is the challenge that I seek to address in this course.
Upon completing this course, you will:
- Be more confident to lead your organization through this VUCA world.
- Develop a greater ability to think ahead, and anticipate issues and challenges to confront realities squarely and make strategic decisions for your organization.
- Have a framework to help your organization develop its purpose, goals and values.
- Make plans and investments, with good policies, to manage your resources well.
- Implement these roadmaps and plans in a strategic way as well as adapt the plans to an ever-changing environment.
- Strategic Planning Prepares for the Future
- Strategic Intent Sets Direction
- Strategic Planning Process
- Thinking Ahead in a Disrupted World
- Create Value
- Drive Innovation
- Operationalize Value
- Define Strategic Thrusts
Prof Neo Boon Siong
Prof Neo has 38 years of experience in accounting and finance, information systems, strategy, research, business consulting, management education and corporate governance. He has served on government committees and corporate boards. He received a Public Administration Medal (Silver) from the President of Singapore in the 1999 National Day Honors Awards.